Terms of Service
Welcome to the Web of Loneliness Support Community (http://support.webofloneliness.com). This Community is a one of the activities done by the Web of Loneliness Institute. By registering with us or using or browsing this online Community, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by these terms. This Community is not authorized for use by anyone younger than 18 and is offered only to users 18 years of age or older. Any person who provides their personal information through this Community represents that they are 18 years of age or older. Members of this Community must agree with the Terms of Service as outlined below.
You agree that you will not post, email or make available any content or use this Community:
- The primary purpose of this network is to provide a space where individuals who feel lonely can provide emotional support to one another. Members can communicate with one another via discussion forums, messages, comments, voting, etc. This website should NOT be construed as a form of therapy or a replacement to therapy. If an individual is in need of a therapeutic intervention, they should seek the appropriate professional assistance.
- This is NOT a dating site and the primary purpose of the website is not to find romantic matches for members. Members are strongly discouraged from attempting to form romantic ties once they first join the network. Members are also strongly discouraged from sharing personal emails, telephone numbers, or other contact information.
- If you feel like you are going to be a danger to yourself or others, please seek the help of the appropriate local authority in your area. This Community does not have the resources to intervene in cases where an individual may become a danger to himself/herself and/or others.
- Any member can be suspended for any reason by the administrators of the Community. Administrators may, at their discretion, provide a reason to the suspended member for the reason of the suspension.
- Except in extraordinary circumstances, suspended members will not be allowed back into the network. If a person attempts to re-enter the network under another alias, that alias will be suspended as well.
- Please direct any technical questions to one of the administrators at email@example.com. We will respond in a timely fashion to your request.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- In a manner that infringes, violates or misappropriates any third party's intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights or contractual rights;
- in a manner that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- to engage in spamming, "chain letters," "pyramid schemes", advertisement of illegal or controlled products or services, or other advertising or marketing activities that violate these Terms of Service, any applicable laws, regulations or generally-accepted advertising industry guidelines;
- in a manner that is misleading, deceptive or fraudulent or otherwise illegal or promotes illegal activities, including engaging in phishing or otherwise obtaining financial or other personal information in a misleading manner or for fraudulent or misleading purposes;
- in a manner that is libelous or defamatory, or in a way that is otherwise threatening, abusive, violent, harassing, malicious or harmful to any person or entity, or invasive of another's privacy;
- in a manner that is harmful to minors in any way;
- in a manner that is hateful or discriminatory based on race, color, sex, religion, nationality, ethnic or national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or age or is otherwise objectionable;
- to impersonate any other person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity, or to obtain access to this Community without authorization;
- to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of this Community to prevent others from using this Community, or in a manner that disrupts the normal flow of dialogue with an excessive number of messages (flooding attack) to this Community, or that otherwise negatively affects other persons' ability to use this Community;
- to use any manual or automated means, including agents, robots, scripts, or spiders, to access or manage any user's account or to monitor or copy this Network or the content contained therein;
- to facilitate the unlawful distribution of copyrighted content;
- in a manner that includes personal or identifying information about another person without that person's explicit consent;
- in a manner that employs misleading email or IP addresses, or forged headers or otherwise manipulated identifiers in order to disguise the origin of content transmitted through this Community or to users; and
in a manner that constitutes or contains any form of advertising or solicitation if emailed to users who have requested not to be contacted about other services, products or commercial interests.
You agree not to authorize or encourage any third party to use this Community to facilitate any of the foregoing prohibited conduct. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, by participating on this Community you agree to indemnify and hold harmless such service provider on all matters related to your interaction with others using this Community and participation with this Community.
- "Stalk" or otherwise harass anyone;
- Collect, use or disclose data, including personal information, about other users without their consent or for unlawful purposes or in violation of applicable law or regulations;
- Request, solicit or otherwise obtain access to usernames, passwords or other authentication credentials from any member of this Community or to proxy authentication credentials for any member of this Network for the purposes of automating logins to this Community;
- Post any content containing child pornography to this Community;
- Post any content that depicts or contains rape, extreme violence, murder, bestiality, incest, or other similar content;
- Post any content that constitutes pornography, contains nudity, or is adult in nature.
- Use automated means, including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools, or the like to download data from this Community;
- Post irrelevant content, repeatedly post the same or similar content or otherwise impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Community’s infrastructure;
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to our computer systems or engage in any activity that disrupts, diminishes the quality of, interferes with the performance of, or impairs the functionality of, this Community;
- Use this Community as a generic file hosting service;
- Take any action that may undermine the feedback or ratings systems (such as displaying, importing or exporting feedback information off of this Community or for using it for purposes unrelated to this Community); and
- Develop, invoke, or utilize any code to disrupt, diminish the quality of, interfere with the performance of, or impair the functionality of this Network.